Our emphasis is on manual treatment techniques, vestibular therapy, and exercise routines.
We take the time to comprehensively explain your condition based on our assessment, and we also explain all aspects of your treatment.
All our staff are CPR/Automated External Defibrillator Certified to use our on-site defibrillator.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical, McMaster University, 1987
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Toronto, 1991, Dean’s List Graduate
- Diploma of Advanced Manual and Manipulative Therapy, Canadian Physiotherapy Association, 2000
- Certified by Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute in 2004
- Vestibular Competency Based Rehabilitation Course - successfully completed in April 2008, Emory University, Atlanta 2008
- Advanced Vestibular Competency Course - successfully completed in August 2011, Duke University, North Carolina
- Completed post-graduate courses in: Part A and B Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy, McKenzie theory, Pilates, Acupuncture, evidenced-based practice, outcome measures, neural tension and many more
- Established Grand River Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre in 1995
- Qualified to assist with post graduate courses offered by CPA
- Tutored anatomy and neuroanatomical at U of T
- Researched behavioural neuroscience-published 2 articles
- Special interests: sports injuries, rehab for dizziness, runner for 30 years, biking, hiking, swimming, soccer
- Member of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), the Ontario Physiotherapy Association (OPA), the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (AFCI) and is a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapists (FCAMT)
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy, Manchester University in United Kingdom, 1999
- Post-graduate courses in acupuncture, manual therapy and the treatment of sports
- Special interests in neurological disorders, swimming, Pilates and weight training
- Member of College of Physiotherapists of Ontario, Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP), the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) and the Ontario Physiotherapy Association (OPA).
- Diploma of Physiotherapy from Manchester Royal Infimary, Manchester England
- 10 years experience with paediatric care at Rotary Children Centre
- Special interest in aiding seniors to remain in their home environment
- Member of College of Physiotherapy of Ontario
Aa a Registrered Massage Therapist in good standing with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO), Gabriela brings 12 years of experience to the massage table. Health and wellness are very important to her and she feels massage therapy is an important element in maintaining a healthy mind and body.
The services that she offers are a blend of relaxation and therapeutic massage including deep tissue massage and myofascial release.
Our Support Staff
Kim has been employed as the Office Manager of Grand River Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre since 2007.
She has a B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Western Ontario.
Sandy began working as a full-time physiotherapy aide for Grand River Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Centre in 1994. She has worked in the rehabilitation field for 17 years.
Katrina began working as a full-time physiotherapy aide for Grand River Physiotherapy in 2009.
Theresa has worked as a physiotherapy aide for Grand River Physiotherapy since 2000.
Carma began working at Grand River Physiotherapy full time in 2012 as a Physiotherapy Assistant.
Valerie originally went to school for Fitness and Health Promotion. She became a personal trainer and worked for 2 years gaining experience in physical exercise and functional movement.
Valerie went back to school for Physio Assistant, she graduated from Trios College in 2015, and began working at Grand River Physiotherapy shortly after.
Aimen started at GRPT in 2010 as a co-op student from GCI. She
subsequently worked every summer while completing her
undergraduate degree in Honours Biomedical Sciences at the University
of Waterloo. She is now studying to be a physician assistant at Univeristy of Toronto
and works part-time at Grand River Physiotherapy.
Virginia graduated from Queen's University in 2011 with a double major in Life Sciences and Biology, and worked at St. Mary's of the Lake Hospital as a patient
assistant during her undergrad. She started working as a physiotherapy assistant at Grand River Physiotherapy in 2016 to gain experience for graduate studies in
© 2011 Grand River Physiotherapy, Cambridge